1. Each non-commercial state body submits a draft model pension scheme based on S.I. 582/2014 to the Department of Public Expenditure, NDP Delivery and Reform, through their parent department.
2. The draft scheme should highlight any deviations from the model scheme terms, the reasons for those deviations, and must also include certain amendments (details on necessary amendments can be obtained from the Department of Public Expenditure, NDP Delivery and Reform).
3. The body must also submit the following documentation:
- Copy of the legislation that enables the making of a scheme,
- Copy of the administrative sanction allowing the body to operate the scheme on an administrative basis,
- Copy of any previous schemes that need to be revoked.
4. The body must indicate their funding arrangements, specifically in relation to pension liabilities, including details of how their pension contributions and ASC will be received and accounted for and the reporting arrangements regarding same.
5. The body should provide contact details for the relevant personnel, their parent department and the relevant Vote Section in the Department of Public Expenditure, NDP Delivery and Reform.
6. Once the necessary documents have been received, reviewed and the terms of the scheme have been approved, the draft S.I. and letters of approval will be issued.
7. The parent department prepares a vellum copy of the draft S.I. for signature by the relevant minister(s). The parent department must submit the vellum copy of the S.I to the Department of Public Expenditure, NDP Delivery and Reform.
8. The parent department/body arranges for the S.I. to be laid before the Houses of the Oireachtas.